Monday, February 7, 2011

Work Gossip

No news on the contract front. A new seniority list came out and with retirements I'm 10th out of 80. At least 7 of the 9 in front of me can already go, or can go this year with 500 hours worked. I'm just happy to be vested in the PEER with my 500 hours this year.

The guy who was fired for stealing the paper off his enemy's district wasn't really fired. He got moved to the casual hire list and cannot work in Home Delivery at all. Since he doesn't have a Class A CDL, he's pretty limited in what he can work. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't risk my job over something that stupid.

One of the guys in front of me was arrested two years ago for trying to meet an underage girl he met on the internet. His picture was in the paper and everything. All he would say (though I didn't talk to him personally) was that you can't believe what you read in the paper.
I don't know the disposition of his case, but apparently he's been sentenced and he goes to jail on his days off. If he retires, so I've heard, he goes directly to jail without passing GO and he doesn't collect the $200 either. So he's pretty motivated to keep employed for a while longer. I think he was caught by the group Perverted Justice. TV guy Chris Hansen talks about them when he has the MSNBC shows where they catch the pervs coming to the house to meet underage kids for sex, and then they're busted by Hansen, then the police are waiting out in front to take them to jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment