Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Took The Needle Today

No, not a new tattoo, but a cortisone shot. I watched them plunge the long needle right into my elbow. Without any pain killer or anything. The doctor was good, I hardly felt it and it didn't bleed at all. We've been putzing around with this for two months, trying to get quick treatment is like watching a glacier move. I'm off physical therapy for a month, we'll see how the shot works.
I can't think if I mentioned this or not, but I've got both "tennis elbow" and "golfer's elbow." Tennis elbow is when the pain is where the top of the forearm ties into the elbow. Golfer's elbow is when the pain is on the underside of the forearm, where the bottom of the elbow is. I think I've typed the word elbow more in this post than in all the other 6800 posts combined.
The tennis elbow has improved, but the golfer's elbow feels like it did two months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment